7 Fresh Ideas on How to Make Money Writing in 2020 and work in Freelance Writing Jobs
Freelance Writing Jobs. people have an incredible ability to write and seem to have been born to be writers. However, because it is seen as an art, some people say that they do not live off this task. They simply do not know how to make money writing.
It is clear that knowing how to put ideas on paper in a clear and coherent way is not something everyone does. However, did you know that it is possible to develop this ability and even live on it?
If you are already a great editor or if you want to start a new profession and still do not know where to start, this post is for you.
Today we are going to show you how to make money writing and, in the end, we will give you some tips so that you can work in this area.
#1 Being a Freelancer
Even if you still do not have Internet, you’ve probably already heard about freelancers. They are professionals who act independently offering their services to other people or even companies autonomously.
However, how to make money writing as a freelancer?
You can offer your texts to digital entrepreneurs who have a blog but do not have time to write in this communication channel.
Another option is to write sales texts for those who sell an online product. Alternatively, you can even help an expert in a subject to write an eBook on the subject that dominates the market.
There are many opportunities to work in this sector. Within these, one could say that there are two variants, work as a freelance copywriter for a company or work for others for oneself.
Where to look for a job as a freelance copywriter? Here we are going to show you the best websites where you can find job offers to work as a freelance copywriter for other companies and media.
In fact, there is always someone or some company that, sooner or later, needs a very well written text. Moreover, if you do not know how to start, these are online platforms to get started:
- Fiverr: At first, you obviously think “Well, $5 gig doesn’t make me rich” It is true. However, the point here is not selling $5 gig on fiverr. In fact, my repeat clients on fiverr more than willing to pay me on average $20 just to get more awesome article. Imagine if I can get 5 clients per day, that would be $100/day. I tell this from real experiences. The clients I have there really understand how to appreciate the hard work. Sometimes, they also leave a tip for me (which impossible to do in another platform)
- FlexJobs: FlexJobs is a website dedicated to selecting and publishing job offers to work from home. Within the job offers posted on this website, you can find opportunities for freelance editors.
- Just like other freelancing sites, you have to find the offer that interests you and request it. Yes, this website is paid, to access the opportunities you have to be paid. The good thing is that this website is known for screening and offering only quality offers (AKA high-paying job offers)
- Freelancer.com: Freelancer is one of the best-known websites to find opportunities to work as a freelancer. If you want to earn money as a freelance copywriter, you must save this website in your favorites
- Millions of large and small businesses use this website to hire freelance copywriters in English and other languages. You only have to register to be able to request one of the projects.
- Twago: The website works just like the previous ones. A platform where the latest opportunities for freelance writers and other freelancers are published. One more option to find opportunities to work writing texts from your home or traveling around the world.
- In this platform, businesses put an announcement of what they are looking for, and freelancers offer their budgets through email. The client decides whom to choose for their work.
- LinkedIn: Although it is not exclusively to look for job opportunities for freelance copywriters, LinkedIn is a powerful tool where you can find many job offers. You have to use the keywords to look for these opportunities. Also, you can take advantage of your LinkedIn profile to apply for these offers
- TextBroker: It is a platform where you can earn money with your texts. It has been operating since 2005 and is considered as a leading company in text writing for websites.
- Textbroker offers its authors the opportunity to write texts on a wide range of topics, from articles for blogs to fashion articles or technology. Besides, you can write for prestigious companies worldwide, publishers, travel portals and social networks.
- Create your blog and offer freelance copywriter services Finally, and no less attractive, there is also the option to create your blog and provide your services as a freelance copywriter. In this way, you will be creating your project, growing with your brand, you will be visible all over the world.
#2 Blog Editor
Content marketing has been increasingly exploited by entrepreneurs in various areas, both online and offline.
This happens because this form of promotion allows customers to reach the products naturally. Therefore, the company does not need to bombard people with advertisements that, most of the time, are considered annoying even invasive.
There are many ways to set up a content marketing strategy, and creating a blog with great, helpful articles for clients. It is one of the most common ways to start implementing this type of promotion in business. That is why, more and more blog writers are in demand.
Be autonomous, as we showed in the previous topic, or even as hired by a company, you can earn money by writing a blog for other people.
Also, if you have specific knowledge and want to share it with third parties, you can also work on writing your blog. Moreover, how to make money writing your blog?
You can, for example, allow the display of ads on your blog or even recommend products related to the topic you address and receive affiliate sales commissions that originate your content
#3 eBook editor
Still thinking about the writing profession? It is possible to make money writing eBooks. The big problem for most people who think about writing books online is that they do not always have ideas for their content.
If that is your case, what you can do is look for people who are experts in their areas of action, but who cannot write, and you can offer to develop your subject in an eBook. Once again, you can use the freelancer’s platforms to find this type of work.
Now, if you want to be the author of your content, you can create an eBook that teaches techniques to write better, for example. Thus, you can make your eBook available on a digital product platform (something like Amazon Kindle) and earn money with your knowledge.
A copywriter is one of the professions of the future that attracts much attention from those who write well and want to earn money with that.
The copywriter is the person who creates texts to generate sales, as in the case of advertisements, landing pages, product promotion videos and much more.
However, more than writing, this professional also needs to know how to persuade with his texts. In the end, the copy is a type of document that aims to convince a person to make a purchase.
#5 Social network manager
Many people believe that to be a social network manager. It is only necessary to know these communication channels. Of course, this is fundamental, in the end, how can you manage a network that you do not know?
However, in addition to knowledge about social media, the right manager must also know how to write well. Why? For the simple reason that not only has to devote to publish content on these networks. However, it is the use of words to captivate and attract the attention of people
The intention of having a manager is to keep the social networks of a business always up-to-date. Also, as you must have already noticed, most of the social media use words and images to communicate with their audience.
Therefore, if you know how to use words to convince and enchant people, take the opportunity to offer this type of service to companies and entrepreneurs with several social networks and that you know that they need help in that task.
#6 Author of books
So far, all the professions that we show for those who want to know how to make money writing involve the use of the Internet, but remember that it is possible to work with that skill even outside the online environment.
Have you thought about writing a book?
We talk about eBooks, which are also books, but digitally marketed. We are talking about books that do not necessarily imply technical contents, such as novels, adventures, poetry, and others.
Writing a book involves several processes that range from planning to publishing and selling your material.
This may seem a distant dream for most people, but if you are already a good editor, why not take advantage of this opportunity?
Moreover, if you still do not know how to start, do not worry. We have a post here on the blog that teaches how to write and publish a book, do not miss it!
YouTube is a communication channel widely used not only by entrepreneurs but also by producers of diverse content. It has been increasingly exploited due to the ease of communicating something to an audience through videos.
With that, an opportunity arises to make money writing: the role of screenwriter.
In general, when we talk about the script, we think only of movies, like those of Hollywood. However, remember that even a short video, to be of quality, needs a script.
Of course, you can be a screenwriter of great movies or independent films made by yourself. However, if you still do not, and you want to start, an opportunity is to write scripts for YouTube videos, for example.
It offers this type of service to people you know who have ideas of themes for the videos, but who do not record for not knowing how to talk about a particular subject in front of the cameras.
Thus, you manage to make money developing the ideas of these people in a script and, perhaps, you can even be a partner or co-producer of the YouTube channel of these people.
Also, many companies that have a YouTube channel need screenwriters. Therefore, this is a way to earn money that is not necessarily autonomous, since you can apply for vacancies in that function.
Quick tips to write a better article as for Freelance Writing Jobs
Now that you have understood how to earn money by writing, we are going to give you some quick tips to help you get a job in one of these 7 areas that we present.
It is very common to say that you need to always think about your audience before applying any strategy in your business. So does in writing.
You must know who your audiences are, what problems they are trying to solve, and why your particular solution is better for them. That is the key of awesome content.
This must be done because, when you think about the person to whom you are going to write, you will be able to adapt not only the content for that audience, but also the language, which will facilitate communication between the public and your brand.
There is no way to write well if you do not know who your reader is!
Even if they are not yet your client, it is very likely that the people who have access to your content are those who in some way show interest in what you are sharing. That is why the profile of your readers will certainly be in tune with that of your buyer person.
So, take some time looking for and mapping that profile so that everything you write is well directed to the buyer of your business.
Little by little you will realize that the writing process will be more comfortable and faster. Besides, you can always count on techniques that can help you produce a better text.